Saturday, October 5, 2013

Smoke Screens: Clouds and Exhaust - New Work at Joe Bar October 10th!


I’m happy to announce the opening of a solo exhibition of my most recent work at Joe Bar Café.  While I refer to these works as collage, I have heard them described as drawings, stained glass and plat maps.  These comparisons are reinforced by a recent emphasis on lines interacting with the quartered cumulus cloud motif recurrent in my work.  Each piece is constructed primarily of translucent adhesive backed vinyl and other tape on architectural vellum between two sheets of acrylic held together with standoff hardware allowing light to pass through.  The whole of this series has never been shown in Seattle and almost all works to be displayed are new.   
 Show dates October 10th – Nov 10th 
Opening Thursday October 10th 6pm – 9pm.   
Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment